Monday, January 3, 2011

2nd December 2011

Christina

Today Charles and I had arranged to go and see my sister-in-law Natasha's family, who live in Greater London.  First we went to have a look at Buckingham Palace (much more simple than Versailles).  Then we took a Southern Railway train from Victoria to Purley, where Natasha's dad picked us up.  I'm still quite sick today, but my sickness has moved from my nose to my chest.  Bad!  Oh gosh will this awful illness never end.  I hate it.

We had a really good time at their house!  We found Natasha's brother particularly charming, as he is really interested in maths and talked to Charles about algebra for ages.  Lunch was a delicious curry!

After that Charles and I took the railway and then the underground to Camden Town, where we met Lisa and shopped around.  I bought two dresses immediately.  Crazy!  We stopped for a cupof tea when I started to flail, and then took the underground to Chinatown, where Lisa and Charles tried to make me eat something.  Dudes and ladies, I was so not hungry.  I stopped talking because every time I did, I coughed a gross painful cough which was gross and painful.  The restaurant was a lovely Japanese place that was REALLY Japanese and was super nice.  Lisa had Unagi Don (fried eel with egg and onion mixture on a bowl of rice) and Charles had oyakodon (Same as Lisa's except chicken instead of eel).  I had delicious miso soup and some salted beans (sounds weird but is like snow peas cooked with salt - nice).  Then i started to REALLY fail so we took the metro home!  Now it's 9pm - I think I did pretty well feeling so sick.  Charles and Lisa are real blessings, so kind.

Tomorrow - last day of the holiday!