Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Monday 8th

Today we spent the morning doing fun stuff with our friends. We went to the university where Jonathan works and had a look around. It was like hogwarts!

Then we drove to Beverly which is a little suburb that has shops. Charles had a coffee and Alison and I walked to a thrift shop called Beverly Bootstraps. It was really good and I bought a cardigan to replace the one i lost in New York and a black blazer. It only cost me $4 altogether!

After that we went home for a quick sandwich and then Charles and I started driving to Boston to see our Friend Erin. It took us about an hour to get there because in the middle of the trip is started pouring with extreme rain so we had to slow down a lot. Then it cleared up by the time we arrived, or it hadnt started raining yet in Boston. Anyway we got to her house somehow because I am an amazing navigator through one-way streets and misleading signs.

We walked to a local cafe and had some coffees and cake. We also talked to her fiancee, our good friend, on FaceTime!1 It's video phone calling! Awesome! Erin is getting married and so are we so we talked Wedmin (wedding administration). While we were there it started storming outside again but it stopped by the time we left.

Then we actually went into town in her (Sam's) car and went to the Apple store and then to a wedding dress boutique! Erin had been there many times so had their number in her phone and called to make sure we could come. Since it wasn't a real appointment I couldn't try any on, but I was cool with that because they were all one billion dollars. We just had a brief look. Some of the dresses were so heavy they were difficult to pick up off the racks. Weird. You'd have to be a super strong bride to carry that stuff all day.

Then we realized that it was pouring with rain outside AGAIN, so we ran over the road to Anthropologie, a women's clothing and homewears shop. They had some really beautiful things, including two whole displays full of different knobs! I can't wait to have a house with cheap furniture so that I can put new knobs on all the drawers and doors. They were amazingly beautiful!

Then it stopped raining again so we went to a beautiful Tapas restaurant. It was busy but we could just get a seat. We had corn on the cob with delicious stuff on it, fish balls, potato wedges with saucy stuff. It was lovely!

Then we went back to the Apple store and ... I bought an iPad. It's really great. Now I can use FaceTime while Charles is away and I can have Internet everywhere. Yay!

Then we walked along some of the cool shopping streets of Boston. There was a shop that only sold vintage cowboy boots and hats and jackets. So interesting! There was a dress shop that was pretty much the same as modcloth.com. I tried on a gorgeous dress that had a camel print and had a cute collar, but it was massively overpriced. We stopped for ice-cream which was super nice!

Back at Erin's house we hung out and watched Masterchef and I un-boxed my new iPad and we looked at wedding magazines. Then Charles and I started the drive home again! We got back at around 11:20 and went to bed soon after!