Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thursday, 25th December! Christmas!

Today is our last full day in Japan. We got up and ate the hotel breakfast which was Japanese food only. It was okay, but not great. As usual Chucky was anti. I think he just wants weeties.
I HATE WEETIES.
Despite feeling jibbly, we went out on the train to Akihabara Electric Town. We took the Yamanote line because it is JR and as such we get free travel on our passes. Isn't Chucky clever to book us a hotel on the Yamanote line? Clever boy.
Electric Town is just full of electric parts shops, anime shops, computer and other electrical appliance shops, and maid cafes. We saw a beautiful Lolita and followed her discreetly. She went into a maid cafe where she probably works.
We looked at headphones all morning trying to find some nice noise-cancelling ones for the plane. It was great. I got some pink ones and Chucky got some extremely nice ones. The morning was not spoiled at all, even when I had an upset stomach.
Next we took the train to Ebisu, because I wanted to see what it was like. The train took about half an hour. On the train there were two girls who were totally goth-loli and looked amazing. One had blue hair! Yebisu Garden Place is a place visited a lot in my favourite J-drama, so we went there and took photos of us being like film stars. I can't believe I stood where Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao stood!
Lunch was a McDonald's affair, which was surprisingly awesome. I think people take their jobs very seriously in Japan, whatever their job is. It makes for good burgers.
We took the train another stop to Shibuya, where there is a famous pedestrian crossing. It was amazingly busy and was packed with beautiful people. I followed another Lolita for a while until she got boring. Shibuya has lots of big video screens and neon signs, very exciting. I was mainly astounded by the beautiful people. We went to a few shops but didn't buy anything. We were starting to feel tired.
We walked to Harajuku. I love Harajuku. First we went to the Laforet building basement where there are many awesome fashion shops, including Metamorphose, Angelic Pretty, and Putamayo. I bought a ring and some earrings, all with deer on them. They were from different shops but go together well. I still didn't buy anything from Metamorphose. I'm beginning to dislike their thing of having everything stupidly overpriced just because it's a name brand that people want to show. We also saw two guys who were the most incredible goths - white makeup and long straight hair with blonde streaks.
We walked down the famous pedestrian street in Harajuku and had fun looking at people and shops. At Harajuku station we took the train back to our hotel and collapsed.
We got dinner at a don restaurant. I got Buta-don (pork rice bowl) which was better than usual. There was only one guy working at the shop. He was doing the cooking and the serving and was incredible. I felt sorry for him, because people kept coming in and saying "Sumimasen!" while he was cooking.
Got two desserts at am/pm - one cream and cake dessert and one creme broulee. The creme broulee was the best ever.