Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday, 24th of December

Chucky: We spent the morning at Emi's place hanging out with the family and packing up our bags. Chrissy had a sleep because she still has a cold and I found things in our luggage to throw out. Eventually we got both the bags packed and both were lighter than 20kgs (just!). We said goodbye to everybody and Emi and her Mum took us to the station where we waited around for the Kodama shinkansen to take us to Tokyo. The shinkansen trip was comfortable and we got an AMAZING view of Fuji san. AMAZING. Just like a postcard. Fuji-san is really big.
Chrissy: When we arrived at Tokyo station we had to catch another train to Ueno, so we joined in with the crowd and rushed through the station and onto a train. The walk to our hotel was fairly short but extremely crowded. Yay! Back in crowded Tokyo!
After we got settled we went out to find some dinner. We went to some upstairs place which looked a bit seedy at first but turned out to be DELICIOUS food. We had a bacon Okonomiyaki and some yaki-soba. Despite telling the waiter that I don't eat prawns, I found some tiny tiny tiny prawn-type animals in the yaki-soba. After eating a bunch of it. I had thought that they were little slices of pickled ginger, because they're exactly the same colour. I had to look really closely, but they were definately miniature prawns. I stopped eating and began to worry about it. I did start to feel sick, but it's all better now and the worry was probably causing the nausea after all. Maybe I'm NOT allergic to prawns? They were only very tiny, so maybe I am? Charles tells me that tomorrow we're having a whole lobster for lunch.
We walked around the area for a while, which looked fairly seedy with lots of bouncers with earpieces walking around being tough. I don't know who they were bouncing. We went to Don Quiote which is a huge chain that sells everything. Literally everything. Headphones, chewing gum, ballgowns, tinsel. It even had imported Tim Tams and Pringles!
We went to a Lawon's and a 7/11 and a Family Mart and bought some Christmas Cake and a miniature bottle of champagne for a Christmas celebration. HAPPY CHRISTMAS!